welcome to Jauhar University
Mohammad Ali Jauhar University, Rampur was established in the year 2006 by an Act of State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh. It is approximately 12 km from Rampur Railway Station. The University caters courses in various streams of Science, Humanities, Law, Education, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Paramedical Sciences including Nursing, Mass Communication and Agriculture and is almost prepare to start a Medical College named as Jauhar Institute of Medical Sciences (JIMS).
The University campus is spread over more than 250 acres and has vast lush green, health sustaining and beautiful landscapes. The bio-aesthetics is further enhanced with the presence of a very huge water body – a source of rich floral and faunal diversity. Ultra modern infrastructure designed by eminent architects is the signature of its beauty. The tranquil ambience of the premises creates the ideal environment for serious study.
Stress is also being given on physical fitness of the students and for this the University has paid adequate attention on promotion of sports on campus. A huge, well-equipped, hi-tech gymnasium with indoor games facilities, viz. badminton, chess, carom, table tennis and outdoor games like football, hockey, cricket, lawn tennis, volleyball, horse riding etc. have been created. National and
state level sport competitions are periodically organized by the University. Along with this a stadium with latest facilities is also underway on completion to promote sports with studies.
The objective of the University is to mark excellence in its academic programs and sports. The University is committed to its social mission of making education possible to sons and daughters of persons of the down-trodden sections of the society and Muslim minority as well.
MAJU looks for faculty of excellence as per UGC norms and the University has been able to induct and retain good, devoted and dedicated faculty who not only interact with the students in the classrooms but beyond the classrooms to enthuse them for the pursuit of knowledge in their subject of study, consciousness about the environment and their social responsibilities.
Present strength of faculty is 60 to teach 24 different subjects
The faculty is encouraged to participate in conferences and seminars at national and international levels. Courses publishes papers regularly in highly reputed professional research journals.
…to strengthen the academic programme:
- Library with access to more than 15,000 text & reference books and 12,000 online journals through DELNET.
- Five Computer Labs with more than 170 nodes with internet facility.
- Connected with National Knowledge Network programme of MHRD.
- Facilities, viz., Video Conferencing; Virtual Class Room and Smart Class Room in all Courses/Department are under making.
- University Experimental Field Station (both Aquatic & Terrestrial).
We are in the process of entering MoU's with many National and International Universities and Professional institutes.
With the conviction that higher education alone can cope with the growing complexities of the modern world, we aimed:
- to contribute ceaselessly to the growth of knowledge,
- to be a partner in national and international development and serve the cause of the humanity for its progress, prosperity and equality,
- to continuously upgrade exemplary standards in the quality of education and teaching.